Help Training and Performance of Your Staff
Mystery Shopping, when done appropriately and used in the right way, is an invaluable initiative to identify training needs amongst the workforce. It can increase productivity, service standards and revenues, as well as provide a quantitative metric by which the club and staff can measure their performance.
Promote Golf have been undertaking Mystery Shopping initiatives for golf clubs since 2007 and have conducted over 1,000 shops. It’s a service that the company undertake on a monthly basis for some of the leading multi-site golf operators, as well as for individual clubs both proprietary owned and private-members.
Unlike other companies offering similar services, we don’t source the individuals we use for mystery shops from Gumtree or some such other online classified section. We only use people we know and trust who can undertake the role in a discrete and professional manner and who we trust to provide honest and fair feedback.
In addition, we remunerate our mystery shop individuals with money – not free golf at the club. This means we only use people motivated to undertake the mystery shop in a diligent and respectful manner, not just to play the golf course for free!
Find Out More
Mystery Shopper initiatives provide quantitative metrics that can guide your staff training needs as well as aid your management of their performance.
Ways to Mystery Shop
We undertake Mystery Shopping in a number of different ways, including:
- In-person visits to the venue
- Telephone enquiries/bookings
- Website and email enquiries/bookings
All venues are different and are look for different behaviours and responses from their staff. As such, there’s no “one-size-fits-all” criteria to our Mystery Shopper analysis. Our first step is to meet with you to discuss what’s important for your venue and what you want to see from the perfect Mystery Shop report. We can then go away and tailor the specifications to your venue’s individual needs.
Enquiry & Booking Mystery Shops
We have undertaken many, many Mystery Shopper exercises for all sorts of golf clubs and venues, including:
- Visitor tee time booking by telephone and in-person
- Golf society day enquiry and booking by telephone, website and email
- Membership enquiry by telephone, website and email
- Membership enquiry and enrolment in-person
- Private banqueting enquiry by telephone, website and email
- Private banqueting enquiry and booking in-person
- Wedding enquiry by telephone, website and email
Full Venue Visits
In addition to enquiry and booking mystery shops, we also undertake full venue visits where one of our trusted shoppers will experience all aspects of the club, including:
- The meet and greet from the golf shop/reception
- The service received when browsing merchandise in the shop
- The welcome from the bar/catering staff
- The service from the bar/catering staff when ordering drinks and food
- The quality of food, portion size and speed of service
- The golf course experience including quality of playing surfaces, on-course signage and furniture, speed of play and reception from other golfers